Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 4

This has been a quite week.  Work was good and productive.  It is finally getting sunny but cool and the girls and I have been enjoying the fall weather.  This weekend was General Conference and we have been relaxing at home and listening to the leaders of the church.  It has been a great week to re-group and decided how I am going to spend the last few weeks here in NY.  I got to go to the beach this week and just walk for a while on the sand.  I would have to say that Long Island is becoming my new version of perfection.  Only an hour from the best variety of entertainment in the world and only twenty minutes from some of the best beaches I have ever seen.  I went to Robert Moses State Park and I think it's a mix between Cannon Beach and Outer Banks.  The waves are calm but stead and the sand is wide and soft.  There are lots of little shells and drift wood to look at and lots of deer and birds and trees around.  I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about the sea that both uplifts you and humbles you.

It was a cloudy day, but I still loved it.

Sea grass and little sand dunes.

First footprints of the day.

Sweet shells.

I think I need to learn to drill holes in shells so I can get my craft on.

This is gross, not pretty, but IT'S A REAL SHARK!!!!

Fire Island Lighthouse.

Bridge to Fire Island.



1 comment:

  1. Your dead shark cake is beautiful! Just kidding. The beach looks awesome. It seems really peaceful. You still have to miss Provo though! Even if it's just a tiny itty bitty almost invisible bit.

    ReplyDelete