Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chelsey's 17th Birthday

I am at home in Maryland and since my little sister turned 17 a few weeks ago I decided to make her a late birthday cake.  She loves zebra print and red these days and between that and my new fondant skills, this is what I came up with.



My bow and centering skills could use some work, but I think it turned out pretty good.  Here are some step by steps...






It was so DARN humid today that working with fondant was a little tough, but I think it still looked alright.  The bow needed to have dried overnight, but next time I will get all the timing right.







It's much better to cut the layers after you take them all down.  The bottom was chocolate with cookies and cream.  Always a classic.  The middle layer was strawberry short cake.  It had vanilla cake with whipped cream and strawberries between each layer.  This was especially for Chelsey and she loved it!  The top layer was ultimate coconut.  That cake never EVER get old.

5 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHHHH MMMMYYYYYY GGOOOOOSSSSSHHHH. This is so cute. I was going to add extra o's to the so but I decided it was getting old. I love the zebra. Mad props on the skills. I could really go for some of your cake right now.

    Come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and ps Chelsey looks super cute in that picture. I can't wait to see her prom pictures. is that creepy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm salivating - I can smell it through the computer...I want a bite! can you tell i'm on a diet >:{

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsey AND the cake are BEAUTIFUL! She has grown up so much!

    ReplyDelete