Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mom's Day

I've been chilling on the East Coast for the last few weeks and LOVIN' it!  I promptly passed out my business cards to all of my parent's friends and this weekend it paid off.  I made a happy mother's day cake for a friend of ours.  She wanted all buttercream, which was fun for me.  I have been working with fondant so much that I have not done a buttercream cake in a while.  It was chocolate with chocolate mousse and iced with vanilla buttercream.  Real yummy.  I have to admit that the quality of my cakes has really been getting pretty good if I do say so myself.

I went to NYC a days ago and we went to a wonderful store called NY Cake.  It was a VERY fun few hours.  They had EVERYTHING that I have only seen online including lots of edible glitters and Ateco cutters and even... LACE FONDANT MOLDS!!!  I didn't buy one of those, but they were SO much fun to look at.  I have dreamed of these things and it was fun to finally hold one.  They even have a website so I would check it out if I were you.
http://www.nycake.com/

Enjoy!



 Are you seeing how SMOOTH that buttercream is???


2 comments: