Friday, June 10, 2011

Citrus Party!

A friend of mine is having a lunch party with her girlfriends today so she had me make some cookies and a matching cake!  One of her guests is having a birthday, hence the little cake.  



This cake is strawberry short cake flavored.  It is a vanilla cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries inside.  Here is how I put it together.




Yummy, yummy, yummy!

 I have this quilting ruler that has lines every 1/4 of an inch.  I cleaned it real good and used it and a pizza cutter to make these fondant lines.  SO easy and fun!


 I used a bowl and the back of a paint brush to make this top part look limey.  I really need to get that kit of fondant tools!  







4 comments:

  1. oh, i forgot to tell you i am a detective and i have found out that you posted this during class. very bad. however, the cake is extremely cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were a hit! The cake was delicious! So fresh and fruity! Everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy - as long as you don't tell Dr. Mac that I blog in class, it's all good!
    Megan - I'm SO glad they were liked. Thanks for giving me the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete