Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cupcake Week: Cookie Dough Cupcakes

This little cake is the crowning glory of CUPCAKE WEEK.  I was going to do 7 days of cupcakes, but I think I'm going to settle for 5 and believe me, I saved the best for last.  This is a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake.  There are a lot of wonderful "C" words in that title don't you think???




Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Cake:
3 sticks butter, at room temperature (I used margarine because I'm poor)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
4 eggs
2 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips


Heat oven to 350 and line cupcake tins.  My recipe made about 30 cupcakes. 


Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar. Cream together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approx 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.


Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.  Mix milk and vanilla together.  


Alternating add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl with the milk/vanilla on low speed, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, mixing each addition just until incorporated.  I know this sounds annoying and hard, but I'm too scared to not do it and it always turns out great.


  


Fold in the chocolate chips.


Scoop into cupcake tins.  Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 





While the cupcakes bake and cool, prepare your cookie dough filling.


Filling:
4 T butter
6 T brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 T flour
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips


FACT: sweetened condensed milk is the BOMB!!!!
Cream butter and brown sugar for about 2 minutes.  Add the flour and sweetened condensed milk.  Add the vanilla and fold in chocolate chips last.  This needs to sit for a while to set up.  It looks like this and gets pretty thick and a lot like cookie dough!


To put this in the cupcakes, I cut a little cone out of the top with a knife, put a little ball of dough in, smooshed it down, and put the cone lid thing back on.






Frosting:
3 sticks butter (I used margarine again, poverty...)
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 T. milk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla


I know it sounds weird to put flour and salt in frosting, but go with me here.




Pipe that stuff on, garnish with some chocolate chips and get ready to be happy!  These cupcakes weigh a ton, which means they are full of goodness.


OH.  MY.  GOSH!



1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD! Those look divine! I'm so bummed I missed out on them. ;)

    ReplyDelete