Saturday, May 19, 2012

Farm Girl

One of my first eating out experiences in Portland was at good ol' Jamba Juice.  It was uneventful, except that some teenage boy commented that he liked my sun glasses and that they were very "Portland-esque".  I'm so proud.  I think.

Week #2 adventures brought me south to Cottage Grove and Eugene where I got to spend some quality time with my Grammy.

And my adorable cousins, Haylee and Aleeah.

The best part of the whole weekend was that I got to play farm girl.  My aunt and uncle started off with a few cows and now they are up to 7 cows, 8 goats, loads of chickens, 12 pheasants, a cat and a dog.  The goats just had babies and two of them are bottle fed.  They are just like little puppies and would melt even the coldest heart.

This little guy, Tippy, was my favorite.  He likes to nuzzle.  

Brand new baby pheasants!

The old fashioned egg measurer.  Pretty much all of their eggs are over the "extra large" mark.


Aleeah likes mud more than goats!

At the feed store.  Turns out pheasants can't eat the same food as chickens.

The "welcome" sign to my grandparent's house.  This is why I love them!

I also got to play baker girl/teacher and helped the girls decorate a cake for my aunt's birthday!  They drew up their ideas about how it should look, mixed frosting colors, did some practice piping, and decorated away.  I think it turned out pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment