Saturday, June 30, 2012

So Succulent

I'm sort of obsessed with plants.  Succulents and peonies are my current favorites.  Luckily in Oregon, there are a lot of both.  Apparently this is a pretty big area for peonies.  There are many peony farms around here, and some of them are open for looking around.  The prettiest one is called Adelman Gardens.  http://peonyparadise.com/  It looks like some magic gardener's house.  They have amazing flower beds full of labeled peonies and for a few months out of the year, you can just walk around.  They have tons of plants for sale and then a big room where you can see all of the blooms and buy cut flowers.  I have seen LOTS of pins of peonies, especially in wedding stuff, but I had no idea they were that diverse.  Here are some of my favorites.











This is the only not-labeled one that I remember.  Why you might ask... because it's called CHEDDAR SURPRISE!  Awesome!

When I went to the Farmer's Market, I couldn't pass up the succulents I found.  They were $13 for  5 three inch pots.  I'm not sure who this grower is, but his pots were OVERFLOWING!  I've been doing a little research on succulents and I figured I could separate the plants and come out of the deal with a lot more that I paid for.  When I got home, I counted over 50 little individual plants and 6 different types in my 5 pots.  I got some cactus mix from Home Depot and got to planting.

Most plants look like this...

This guys plants looked like this...

And I came home with this...

And I soon after planted this...

 With these left over to see if they will grow up...

And someday I will make this...

For more info on succulent growing check out:

For the best most beautiful succulents check out:

For this nursery's tutorial on vertical gardens check out:
Part 1
Part 2: the best part
Part 3


For my succulent pin board check out:


No comments:

Post a Comment