Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweat, Tears, or the Sea

The cure for anything is saltwater.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I know it's true.
Sweat purifies our bodies, gets rid of toxins, releases endorphins, and wakes up our systems.
Tears are a physical manifestation of releasing emotions and cleansing the cobwebs from our souls.
The sea... for me is a reminder of God's beautiful creations and my place in them.  I love to smell the salty air and hear the constant crash of waves and wind.  I love the feel of the sand between my toes and the cool water lapping at my ankles.  I love the candy shops and flowers and family that I'm surrounded by at my favorite beach.
This weekend we went to Hug Point, near Cannon Beach, OR.  It is a rocky beach and during low tide, you can walk north and find a tiny cove and waterfall.  It's a special place and one of my aunt's favorite beaches.




1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like a west coast beach!! It makes me very happy to think of you in Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete